You’re more than ready to move into a new home — once you sell the current one, which can be a daunting process. But don’t worry: Preparation is your key to success.
Have you been working on getting your home ready for sale? How do you know if you’ve ticked all the boxes to make your house attractive to potential buyers? Try these effective and time-tested ways to sell quickly — and at the right price.
- Clean: Removing the mess from indoor and outdoor areas is a challenging but necessary step to getting your home in move-in condition.To give your house more appeal, clear the backyard of gardening tools and make sure the floors and ceilings are spotless.
- Declutter: Although closets, drawers, cabinets and basements may not seem like a priority, decluttering these areas is essential.Buyers want to see how much storage space is available before they buy. Get rid of items you don’t use anymore by selling, donating or simply throwing them away.
- Redecorate and Touch Up: Don’t forget to make buyers feel like they can envision themselves in your home. Put away personal items and paint the rooms in neutral colors to make it easy for buyers to picture themselves living there.
- Curb Appeal: First impressions are important. Make sure the front lawn is mowed, the bushes and trees are manicured and the house is freshly painted. Potted plants on your front doorstep can also help perk up the exterior.
- Pre-Listing Inspection: To make your home more desirable to buyers, make sure everything is in good working order. Hire a professional to conduct a pre-listing inspection and take care of any necessary repairs.
Need help selling your home? Looking for a new property? Reach out today.